Campaign Organizer – Climate and Energy Campaign
New York, New York
Join the only international nonprofit dedicated solely to protecting and restoring the world’s oceans. Oceana’s campaigns are directed at achieving measurable policy changes to prevent the irreversible collapse of ocean life. Results are achieved through science, law, advocacy, organizing public support, and communications.
Manages campaign in New York to stop expanded offshore oil and gas drilling and to promote action on climate change in local, national, and international forums. Builds public engagement on offshore drilling and renewable energy. With direction from Campaign Manager, works independently to execute a campaign plan and carries out the tasks necessary to meet campaign objectives. Tracks timelines, and reports on progress to Campaign Manager. Manages a varied and high volume workload and requires initiative to work on own to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks. This position will be temporary.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
1. Build a broad, effective campaign including, but not limited to, grassroots coalition building, earned and paid media acquisition, legislative advocacy, science, public engagement, repeat volunteerism, and development of a self-sustaining and continuing foundation of support.
2. Execute the campaign in conjunction with a team of professionals. This will include working with other field staff, on-line activists, legislative and communications professionals, vendors, consultants and others.
3. Regularly report on progress of the campaign, and lead the charge for overcoming obstacles to ensure goals and objectives are met.
4. Perform additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
1. At least 2 years of campaign experience, with at least one in a management position. This should include experience engaging volunteers and building a foundation of support for a policy outcome.
2. Demonstrated success building, and cultivating new relationships in a way that persuades individuals to support the organization’s agenda and generates measurable results.
3. A proven track record in grassroots field organizing and public speaking.
4. Experience in coordinating media relations.
5. A track record of being detail oriented, with good organizational skills and follow-through.
6. Demonstrated initiative to self-motivate, to work with diverse communities, serve as a team leader, and achieve Oceana’s goals.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to multi-task.
8. Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office applications.
9. An ability to work well with others.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Campaign Organizer – Climate and Energy Campaign in the subject line. Check out our website http://www.oceana.org to learn more about who we are and what we do. EOE.
- Compensation: $28-32k annual, commensurate with experience
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.