Are Charlie Rangel’s Union buddies/pals/comrades looking out for him while he desperately flounders under Ethics Charges? hmm?
From a Google Search just a bit of interesting trivia:
It had been slated for closure in the proposed New York City
FY2010-11 budget, but the City
Council restored sufficient funding to keep the center open. …
Looks like the Lunatic Lefty Liberals are back on Craigslist:
new york craigslist > manhattan > jobs > nonprofit jobs
please flag with care:
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Outreach Organizer (East Harlem)
Date: 2010-08-11, 2:14PM EDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Union Settlement Association, established in 1895, is one of the largest social service agencies in East Harlem. The agency provides childcare, after-school programs, youth development, college preparation, adult education (including ESL and GED), programs for the elderly, mental health services, and more. Union Settlement has approximately 400 dedicated employees who work from 18 different sites to serve over 13,000 local residents each year. In addition, two related entities – Union Settlement Home Care Services and Union Settlement Federal Credit Union – offer complementary programs and services to the community. For additional information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at http://www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Outreach Organizer
Department: Senior Services
Reports to: Director of Senior Services
Under the supervision of the Director and Assistant Director, the Outreach Organizer will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase the visibility and utilization of Union Settlement Senior Services within the East Harlem Community. This position is funded for one year and will focus on Senior Center usage.
• Engage in direct outreach efforts on a regular basis in the East Harlem Community.
• Develop outreach materials such as brochures and fliers to be used throughout the community in outreach efforts.
• Identify organizations and locations within the community where outreach can be most effective; develop various strategies to target outreach at these organizations and locations, as well as throughout the community in general.
• Visit each Senior Center regularly. Gain familiarity with programming strengths and tailor outreach strategies and materials to focus on strengths and new innovations at each center.
• Collaborate with Senior Services staff to develop and plan program innovations based on research and experience gained during outreach efforts.
• Develop and maintain liaisons with other agencies, as appropriate, to collaborate in outreach efforts.
• Represent Union Settlement in community and inter-agency activities, as assigned by the Director.
• Attend appropriate training programs as requested by Senior Services Director.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field desired; or two years of college and two years experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with aging populations or senior services required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent organizational ability, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Requirements, and References to:
Please indicate Outreach Organizer in subject of e-mail.
* Location: East Harlem
* Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
* This is a part-time job.
* This is at a non-profit organization.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Posting ID: 1893181730
Hey New Yorkers ~ Michel Faulkner needs to be made aware of this exploitation within his district. And whatever you do, make sure you make a donation to this worthy Conservative candidate at http://www.faulknerforcongress.com/ It is so past time to clean up the Liberal corruption in NYC.